Aussie thriller The Code becomes the latest series to join Ovation TV’s crime drama offerings.
Based on the success of mystery titles Frankie Drake Mysteries, Murdoch Mysteries, and Agatha Christie’s Partners in Crime on Ovation TV, America’s only arts network announced today that it will begin airing Australian crime drama The Code on Saturday, August 1, at 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT.
Stretching from the spectacular red desert of Australia’s outback to the cool corridors of power in Canberra, The Code tells the story of two very different brothers who unearth information that those at the highest levels of political power will kill to keep secret.
Ned Banks (Dan Spielman, Stateless) has spent the last ten years juggling a stalling career as an online journalist with the care of his talented but troubled brother, Jesse (Ashley Zukerman, Succession). Ned thinks his big break has finally come after coming in contact with local schoolteacher Alex Wisham (Lucy Lawless, My Life Is Murder). Two of her students were involved in a car accident, and she has phone footage of the crash. With Jesse’s help, Ned is able to clean up the video. Its contents are shocking, and the decision to publish it will light the wick on a story too explosive to be contained.
The Code‘s schedule on Ovation and episode synopses are as follows (all times are Saturdays at 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT):
- Episode 1 — August 1 — When Ned and Jesse Banks publish a video of a mysterious accident in the outback involving two teenagers and a truck from a highly classified research facility, they face the full weight of a political machine desperate to keep the truth off the front pages.
- Episode 2 — August 8 — As Ned investigates the truck accident in the remote town of Lindara, Jesse comes face to face with the ‘extraordinary’ new powers of the law.
- Episode 3 — August 15 — Wracked by guilt that Jesse has paid such a high price for trying to help his investigation, Ned fears the worst when he discovers Jesse missing.
- Episode 4 — August 22 — Ned and Jesse are on the run and running out of options. Their house has been ransacked, their phones bugged, their every computer stroke tracked. With Alex’s help, Ned and Jesse are able to hack into a hospital system.
- Episode 5 — August 29 — Ned and Jesse are forced into an impossible choice: Hani (Adele Perovic, SLiDE)’s life in exchange for technology capable of wiping entire cities from the face of the earth.
- Episode 6 — September 5 — Unless Ned and Jesse take action, their fates will be sealed, their story repackaged, and the truth will remain neatly beneath the radar. It is time to do something radical.
In addition to the weekly broadcasts on Ovation TV, all episodes of The Code will be available on demand and on the Ovation NOW app. For more information, visit https://www.ovationtv.com/the-code/.
Share this post/page.
Outbound links on this page include non-affiliate links and affiliate links; the latter allows us to earn income from qualifying actions.